De Sims zijn overal!

about bustin out

Mortimer Goth's Distant Cousin
587 Posts
Life simulation took consoles by storm last year when The Sims, the more than popular computer game, made its way onto all next-generation consoles. Electronic Arts hopes to upstage last year's rendition by bustin' out a whole new Sims game, The Sims Bustin' Out. With a fleet of computer expansion packs, one might initially think that Bustin' Out is just more of the same old Sims formula, but along with new locations and objects, EA has added personality.

You might be thinking that The Sims already possessed tons of personality, since you faced plenty of uncontrolled urination and electrocution by bug zapper, but EA is completely revamping Create-a-Sim. The first thing demonstrated in the Camp EA presentation was the new emphasis on hi-res graphics. Now, Sims have an entire arsenal of facial animations. Of course, what good is your Sim's ability to make faces if you despise the face it's wearing? This year you'll be able to customize a Sim's nose, ears, eyes, mouth, and eyelashes (yes, even eyelashes) independently of each other instead of choosing from stock faces. Since these Sims are better looking in Bustin' Out, EA has spiced up Sim's wardrobe with a fashionable lineup of outfits that look like they're influenced by Britney Spear's music videos.

While all this customization lets you design the perfect looking Sim, it would matter little if you couldn't match style with the correct personality. New to Bustin' Out is customizable personality. During Create-a- Sim, you'll be able to distribute personality attributes that allow you to create athletic, outgoing, introverted, and slothful personalities that actually affect how your Sim interacts with fellow Sims and have direct impact on gameplay. If you design an athletic and outgoing Sim, when he tackles the gym's rock wall he'll take the most difficult route while performing all sorts of death defying tricks and maneuvers. If a shy Sim tackles the same wall, it'll timidly scale the wall. A playful and outgoing Sim will be prone to bustin' out all sorts of hip moves in a dance club whereas a shy Sim will stand alone in a dark corner.

Your Sim's personality will even affect how well it performs certain jobs. While you can always build up your Sim's skills, a friendly, talkative Sim will be better suited for a sales position or waiter, but would make a poor police officer. You'll have to keep your Sim's personality traits in mind when you're looking for work if you want to get maximum performance form your Sim. While you'll see standard Sims' career choices in Bustin' Out, there are also ten brand new careers especially suited for certain personalities including gangster, athlete, mad scientist, and fashion victim.

Since personality is playing such a large role in The Sims Bustin' Out, you'll notice that accompanying each of the NPC Sims' (non-player character) distinctive personality will be individual social interactions. After your Sim is exposed to an interaction, the interaction will be unlocked for you to use at your discretion. During the Camp EA demo, the created player controlled Sim, Fred, visited the crude bachelor extraordinaire Dudley (a character from The Sims). While Fred was making small talk about the weather, Dudley promptly belched in his face. Dudley then invited Fred to pull his finger. After such greetings, Fred was now able to belch in the faces of other Sims (like Dudley's after Fred won a round of Air Hockey) or request his own finger pulling. Rude noises aren't the only social skills your Sim can learn, a few others are French kissing, towel snapping, and moon walking.

you won't have to do a whole lot of walking in Bustin' Out because now you can seamlessly travel around town. When you start out the game, your wheels consist of a rather economical scooter. As you gain prestige in the Sim's community, you can upgrade your ride to an economy car, and eventually acquire some pimpin' wheels. Fred, being the poor jobless schmuck that he is, was forced to ride around in a pink scooter.

Fred's little scooter trip took him over to Mortimer's haunted house. This one of several new locals your Sim can investigate. Other new locations for Sim exploration will include the hip dance venue, Club Rubb, a love shack, Shiny Things Labs, an art gallery, and the gymnasium. At each location you'll meet one of the twenty-five new Sims, each with boasting a specific personality, such as the party animal Bing Bling or the workout-a-holic Goldie Toane. Interaction with such characters will be your only hope to unlock new locations, objects, and social interactions.

Fred's exploration of the haunted mansion led to the discovery of an incubator that produces Venus fly traps (once you find an item, you'll have the ability to add it to your own pad). These fly traps don't just make for exotic house pets, but will eat all the flies in your house and doubles as a garbage disposal your slacker Sim won't have to lug trash outside. However, if you feed you plant too much, it can turn your house into a Little Shop of Horrors. I watched as one Sim was lured into the calls of "Feed Me" and promptly slurped into the plant's mouth as a light afternoon snack.

EA, realizing that Sims lovers are constantly trying to find new, exotic ways to kill their Sims, has included new death inducing objects, like the man-eating fly trap. Another EA favorite is a high dive you can purchase with or without a swimming pool. There is nothing quite as graceful as a swan dive onto hard cement. You'll also be able to unlock less harmful objects like a laser light show, DJ booth, climbing wall, and hidden hairstyles, clothes, and jewelry.

The Sims Bustin' Out will also boast two player split-screen. In multiplayer, you'll get to decide whether to work with or against friends. The essential Sims gameplay remains intact, but whatever your Sim does will affect the life of your friend's Sim, You'll even occasionally have to fight over and share resources, like your precious pink scooter.

While EA wasn't ready to hand the controls over to the media, Bustin' Out looks like its coming along rather nicely. Character models and their surroundings already show more detail and real time shadowing. Facial animations and social interactions were fluid and really help to build a more immersive Sim world. While it might seem like this is just The Sims with new characters, locations, careers, and objects, I think that the new character customization and social interactions will give this edition enough personality to distinguish it from its predecessor. Expect to see this cast of Sims ready to bust out their moves this December.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
EA, realizing that Sims lovers are constantly trying to find new, exotic ways to kill their Sims, has included new death inducing objects, like the man-eating fly trap. Another EA favorite is a high dive you can purchase with or without a swimming pool. There is nothing quite as graceful as a swan dive onto hard cement. You'll also be able to unlock less harmful objects like a laser light show, DJ booth, climbing wall, and hidden hairstyles, clothes, and jewelry.

Lol, as if I play the games to kill my Sims :lol: but it's cute though!!

My Sim in TS2 almost died :| the grim reaper was already there to take her away.. but her lover chose the right color, in this case it was blue, and grim reaper then let her go.. :)

587 Posts

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
nooo she was pregnant.. she was an adult and was far away from being an old Simmy..
I took very good care of her, since the Sims in TS2 like to eat, no matter if it's good or bad.. They can now also eat 'bad' food.. And they get a food-poison of it, but she did not eat any bad food and she wasn't sick either.. She just found out she was pregnant, went to the toilet to puke, since pregnant Sims puke.. And after that she went to the shower.. and before she could get into the shower, she just dropped dead :shock: it's very weird!! :o

587 Posts
So you don't know why she die that cool and funny 2 maybe she eat a bad food and you did not see her it eat and she die of that

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
well I don't think so.. it's almost impossible since I had her 'marked' so I followed her everywhere because she and her lover tried making a baby, and I wanted to see when and if she was pregnant, but did not see her eat any bad food.. :o but in the end it all was well again :p her lover had to choose something, I don't know what exactly but he chose the color blue, which was good and then the grim reaper let her go.. :)

587 Posts

Fan of Freezer Bunny
5350 Posts
Oh I didn't know you had to choose colours so the grim greaper would let your sim live :s

587 Posts
yea you do but people say that is stuped that they did that with the game

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
pupijama wrote:Oh I didn't know you had to choose colours so the grim greaper would let your sim live :s

Did any of your Sims die yet? If yes, what happened? Because I've had it several times and whren the Grim Reaper came, I could beg him to let the other Sim stay.. But then I had to pick a color.. Or something like that..

• Stats